In the era of digital tools, you have more options now than ever before; especially when it comes to managing your work in the construction industry. Cloud-based construction software can help you control scheduling, provide accurate estimations, generate job costings, invoices, quotes and much more.
Business decisions are won or lost on the strength of their return on investment. It is no different if you are a small builder or trade looking to increase profit and take your business to the next level. Investing in construction management software is a cost-effective way to help make this a reality.
In this article, we are going to look at how small builders and renovators use cloud-based construction software to help manage their work and build the business they have always wanted.
What is construction management cloud-based software?
Construction management cloud-based software is designed to simplify your residential construction business. It automates and connects all the parts of your business — like estimating, job management and accounting — allowing you to be more efficient and profitable.
For innovative builders, construction management software is key to growing your business. Easy to afford and get started with
The days of massive investments and weeks to get started are gone. With cloud-based software, you pay month-by-month, no upfront cost, nothing. Get started in hours with training conducted one-on-one from the convenience of your office or home, using the latest online video conferencing tools.
Schedule jobs seamlessly
Cloud-based construction scheduling software helps you work out the ‘when and where’ of each job you are working on. For example, if you have someone dropping off materials at a specific time, you can see this in your calendar and receive a notification as the time approaches. The same goes for your subcontractors; you will know when they are due to arrive at job sites to complete the required work.
Your job schedule keeps everything visualized ‘at a glance’, helping you stay on track of where you need to go (and when). The schedule can generate reports for your clients whenever they ask – a great way to keep your clients informed.
Access your work from anywhere
Whether you are on the road, traveling to different job sites, or busy in the office doing admin work, you can check to see how your team is progressing. You can verify whether your materials are delivered and collaborate with contractors on each of your jobs as they continue to develop over time.
Meeting a client on-site or checking how the job’s progressing? Construction cloud-based software can be accessed through a web browser from your phone, laptop or tablet. Everything is stored in one centralized location (the cloud). All your work is saved automatically. This means no more missing files or the headaches and stress involved with losing them.
Cloud-based construction job management software really is the ideal solution for modern small builders looking to improve the efficiencies of their business. It helps streamline business processes, track project costs and track the project progress throughout the entire project. People in the construction industry need the right tools to help them be successful and there is no doubt construction software is a must to grow.
Construction project management software helps you work faster and stay organised
There is no need to spend your evenings working on creating and sending quotes. The right cloud-based software helps you create accurate, fast estimates using checklist-style templates, built-in supplier price lists, and composite recipes for your construction projects.
Set yourself apart in the construction industry with professionally branded quotes created at a click of the button, including pictures and specifications.
Top project management software features
While the benefits may have you sold, features can vary significantly from offering too many options to not enough features to justify the monthly subscription. An initial online search will show heaps of options, a daunting process when you have to keep managing your project load. It does not make your job any easier, as any professional in the construction industry will tell you.
Here are the top five features builders, project managers and construction companies look for when selecting a construction project management software to streamline their business.
1. Fast digital takeoffs: one of the most time-consuming pre-construction tasks is creating accurate takeoffs to estimate correctly and quickly. Today, you can swap paper plans for digital takeoffs, and the measuring and estimating are complete in just a few clicks. “A takeoff for a build could take two, three days, up to a week. With Buildxact, I’m down to under a day to get all my takeoffs done and ready to quote, and also ready to order when the job comes through,” says Hagen Shaw of ShawCo Building.
2. Easy and accurate estimating: estimating is one of the most essential elements of the job but it can be a nightmare if you don’t have the most up-to-date pricing. Look for a solution that allows you to use your own pricelist or your supplier’s pricelist to save headaches later down the track. Construction software, like Buildxact, allows you to streamline your entire estimating process using clever checklists so you never miss a thing. Another nifty way to streamline your estimating is by using recipes – a formula-based process where the calculations are automated, saving you tons of time. Recipe’s package all the components together to create the takeoff, and the quantities automatically calculate, speeding up the estimating process and your accuracy. Once you’ve completed the takeoff, you need to be able to source your material and overhead costs by sending them to your suppliers and subcontractors to complete your estimate. The total prices and quantities calculate automatically and more accurately, saving you time and your bottom line.
3. Impressive professional quotes: your quote is the first time your customer receives something tangible from you. It’s the first impression. Instead of building your quotes in Word or Excel or getting help from a graphic designer, construction management software will generate a professional-looking quote — 5x faster — using your company branding for a professional first impression. “I found Buildxact pretty easy to get started with. All it took was 45 minutes and I was already able to put together an estimate and produce a quote.” Jaye Ibrahim of Jetcon.
4. Stress-free project management: instead of finding yourself in your truck running from job site to job site, construction project management software, allows you to manage all aspects of each job like, scheduling, purchasing, delivery, and invoicing, saving time and money. It’ll give you the confidence that your projects will be delivered on time and within budget.
5. Real-time financials: tracking your profitability is key to your business’s success, and if you’re doing your own invoicing, the data you get out is only as good as the data you put in. A construction management software solution tracks your line-by-line costs and integrates with your accounting software essential to your bottom line.
Ready to get started with construction cloud software?
Buildxact is more than just a construction estimating tool for builders – it is filled with features that help you streamline the entire job management process from start to finish.
If you are unsure whether it is the right fit for your business, get in touch with our team who will be happy to answer any questions you have in a one-on-one, online demo. Alternatively, you can start a free 14-day trial right away.