Movies and television shows poke fun at renovation projects gone wrong, but when your business is on the line, it’s no laughing matter.
In this video, award-winning architect and builder David Pollard offers ways to reframe the negative thoughts customers can have about remodeling. By better understanding your market and your customer needs, you can manage your customers’ expectations and face down these common remodeling stigmas:
- The project will cost more than expected
- The project will take longer than expected
- Emotions get in the way of smart decisions
- The remodel cost is out of line with the property’s value
- The remodel cost is unfairly priced
- My remodel project will just make me miserable
Remodelers like you can combat each of these by clearly communicating your project’s purpose, scope, pricing and scheduling.
To learn more about how you can use software to quickly create project estimates and schedules, why not book a demo with a friendly Buildxact team member? Imagine how much easier your customer conversations will be when you have all the material pricing and labor clearly listed.
David Pollard is co-founder of LivCo, a remodeling company based in Illinois that has won multiple industry awards and recognitions, including four NARI Remodeling Excellence Awards, since its founding in 2012.